Please feel free to browse through this list of recommended resources for you and your family.
- FNPA (www.fnpa.org): The Florida Naturopathic Physicians Association provides information about Naturopathic Physicians in Florida. Learn more about how you can help support Naturopathic Medicine in Florida.
- AANP (www.naturopathic.org): The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians is the national organization for Naturopathic Physicians. Learn about what we do, how we are educated and find a naturopathic physician in your area.
- Medicine Talk (Click here to visit Medicine Talk.): Medicine Talk is an educational site focusing on Naturopathic Medicine that provides articles, online courses, handouts, newsletters, and healthy recipes.
- Autism Research Institute (www.autism.com):
The Autism Research Institute provides information for biomedical approach to autism. Find out where the next conference is and locate a Defeat Autism Now! Practitioner.
- Generation Rescue (www.generationrescue.org):
Generation Rescue is a non-profit organization to support families with autism, founded by Jenny McCarthy.
- NAA (www.nationalautismassociation.org):
The National Autism Association is a wonderful source of information for families with a child on the spectrum.
- Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation (www.spdfoundation.net):
A leader in Sensory Processing Disorder research, education and advocacy, the SPD Foundation offers an abundance of services and programs for professionals, parents, and anyone interested in knowing more about the sensory challenges that affect children academically, socially, and/or in their emotional development.
- Sensory Processing Disorder Resource Center (
Written by a parent, this web site is full of useful information, stories, and resources for families with children affected by sensory processing issues.
- Island Gluten Free Bakery (www.islandgfbakery.com): Island Gluten Free Bakery makes gluten-free items from scratch daily. They offer a large selection of casein-free and nut free options as well.
- Simons Coffee House (www.simonstogo.com): Simons Coffee House is a local eatery offering delicious vegetarian, organic, and raw food items. Gluten and Dairy free available.
- Elysian Fields (www.elysianfieldsonline.com): Elysian Fields offers books and gifts for conscious living, meditation classes and educational seminars.
- The Mikey Center (themikeycenter.net): The Mikey Center provides hyperbaric oxygen services.
- Freecycle Sarasota Yahoo Group (www.freecycle.org): Freecycle Sarasota is a yahoo group that provides new tips about recycling in Sarasota.
- Julie Matthews (www.nourishinghope.com): Julie Matthews is the author of Nourishing Hope for Autism and is an autism nutrition specialist. She offers diets, nutritional information, and a newsletter.
- Celiac.com (www.celiac.com): Celiac.com provides celiac disease information, symptoms, blog, gluten-free forum, and a newsletter.
- Feingold Association (www.feingold.org): Feingold diet for Attention Deficit Disorder helps remove excitatory nutrients and additives. Provides information on phenols and salicylate free diet.
- Breads from Anna (www.breadsfromanna.com): Breads from Anna provide gluten, casein, soy and nut free breads. Also provide pancake and muffin mixes. With 10 different varieties of breads and dinner rolls too, these are our favorite!
- Kinnikinnick Foods (www.kinnikinnick.com): Kinnikinnick provides mail order gluten free food alternatives that are quite good including: crackers, breads, bagels, muffins, cookies and cereals.
- Udi's Handcrafted Foods (www.udisfood.com): - Udi's Gluten Free Foods allows you to order Gluten free muffins, breads, cookies online - from Snicker doodles, to Sandwich Breads, Blueberry Muffins, Chocolate Chip Cookies to Cinnamon Rolls! Great white bread substitute!
- Gluten Free Mall (www.glutenfreemall.com): Gluten Free Mall provides everything gluten free! Pizza, breads, bagels, candy cakes. THey also have a newsletter, books and vitamins.
- Gluten Free Mommy (http://glutenfreemommy.com): Gluten Free Mommy provides gluten free recipes for the whole family.
- Gluten Free ( www.glutenfree.com): GlutenFree.com provides gluten free recipes, pastas, baked goods, soups, ingredients information and publications.